VEGAN CHOCOLATE CREAM EGGS!Need I say more? No. But I'm going to anyways. ;) Those [insert the brand, you know the name] chocolate cream eggs that only come out at Easter are so creamy, chocolatey, rich, tasty, fattening, horrible-for-you-but-oh-so-good... I was really sad when I came to the realisation that this would be my first Easter where I couldn't buy and devour one. [Okay, I'd probably end up buying WAY more than one... But for the sake of my image, let's just say "one"...]
I really feel like I should have posted this in my original Cookwithnikki blog, because there's nothing "fitness" about these little guys... But they are vegan, and one of the key things about keeping up with fitness is allowing yourself a treat every now and then... Right?
Maybe not, but I will say whatever I can to justify these things! They are amazing!
Instead of posting the recipe in here, I urge you to check out the original post that holds the amazing recipe for these! Give the original poster some viewer-love! I need to stress this point: These taste almost exactly the same as the original!
My variations on the recipe are as follows:
- I used coconut oil instead of the oil called for in the recipe.
- I only made 2/3 of the recipe.
- For 1/3, I kept the original flavour.
- For the other 1/3, I added 2 tsp peppermint extract to make my "chocolate mint cups". Yummy!
- I used dark chocolate, 71% I believe...
- I skipped on the food colouring, and just kept them white.
- Making the mint cups, I used the same format that you would use to make peanut butter cups. (Take the mini-muffin cups, melt some chocolate, spread it along the bottom, freeze it, put the dough stuff inside, freeze again, pour more melted chocolate on top, freeze, eat, eat, and eat more...)
|Oh yes, these are good... :)|