Yet for some reason, I still purchased an avocado at the grocery store last time I was out. It's been sitting on my counter for a few days (it wasn't ripe, so it had some time). For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. So I Google'd. Then I Google'd some more. Then I came across this recipe for chocolate pudding. I didn't quite follow the recipe posted, but I did use it as a basis for this heavenly creation.
So, now I will share with you all, the amazingness of this pudding. Normally, I wouldn't be so overly confident about a recipe, but if you knew how much I disliked avocado, you'd be shocked to see me devour this stuff.
I'm pretty sure this recipe makes two, maybe even three, big servings... But let's just say it's one serving, okay? ;)
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (I used cinnamon flavoured agave)
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any type of milk you like: hemp, rice, coconut, etc.)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Place all ingredients except the raw cacao nibs into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add the raw cacao nibs, and pulse twice to gently mix the nibs in with the pudding, but don't over process!
- Pour everything into a bowl, and place in the fridge for as long as you wish... Well, the longest you put it in the fridge for should be overnight. Then eat it the next day.
- Serve in a fancy little bowl, topped with whatever you like! I decided to eat this with some whipped cream and raw cacao nibs sprinkled on top!
|So pretty! :) Avocado chocolate pudding topped with rice whip, and raw cacao nibs! YUM!|
|Ok, I had to dig into this beautiful piece of heaven...|
|...And then I had to dig some more...|
|...And I kept on digging... I couldn't help myself...|
|And now, a kiss... Oh, Chocolate, how I love thee...|
|THIS STUFF is amazing. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make it almost 100% perfect. I don't suggest eating stuff like this on a regular basis, because really, it's junk food. Vegan or not. But it's a nice treat! :)|