OK so here we go: As an awesome vegan cook, do you ever use the superman-banana in your meals?(For anyone who may not know, "Superman Banana" is an exercise in a few of the P90X workouts... If you want to know what it looks like, there's a bunch of videos on YouTube of people doing the exercise, here's one that actually shows how to do it properly!)
My response was to make a P90X themed "Superman Banana" smoothie for today's smoothie! I tried to make the Superman colours, but blueberries are actually purple. I also didn't have anything red enough to get that bright "Superman red", but that's okay, because this smoothie is "super, man!"... Hah... Hah... ha...
So without further delay, here is today's smoothie! It's a pretty one! ;)
- Layer 1 - 1/4 cup frozen blueberries + 1/4 cup coconut water
- Layer 2 - 1 frozen banana + 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Layer 3 - 1/4 cup frozen strawberries + 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Blend each layer separately, and set aside.
- Spoon layer 1 into the bottom of the glass.
- Spoon layer 2 on top of layer 1.
- Spoon layer 3 on top of layer 2.
- Drink up, and enjoy! :)